To review the methodology for completing a logical data model:
- Identify and model the entities.
- Identify and model the relationships between the entities.
- Identify and model the attributes.
- Identify unique identifiers for each entity.
- Normalize the data model.
In practice, the process is rarely so linear. It is often tempting and appropriate to jump around between entities, relationships, attributes and unique identifiers. It is not as important to follow a strict process as it is to discover and capture all of the information necessary to correctly model the system.